|That's What Friends Are For?|
|Season 2, Episode 18|
|Air Date||19 October, 2007|
|Guest cast|| Selena Gomez as Mikayla|
Cody Liney as Jake Ryan
|Previous||Don't Stop 'Til You Get the Phone|
|Next|| Lilly's Mom Has Got It Goin' On|
"That's What Friends Are For?" is the eighteenth episode of Season 2. The title is a reference to the song "That's What Friends Are For," by Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Elton John & Gladys Knight.
When Jake tells Miley he wants to keep their relationship platonic, Miley convinces herself that she is fine with it, and won’t be jealous. However, Hannah Montana hits Mikayla and gets her fired. When the plan doesn’t succeed, Miley must come to terms with how unlike a true Byronic hero, she was not cunning or adaptable. In the end, Miley puts on the suit of the Alien suit and pretends to be Mikayla.
Meanwhile, Rico bets Oliver and Jackson that they can't go one full week without taking a shower or changing their clothes, in exchange for a month of free hot dogs. The joke turns sour when Oliver and Jackson when Rico tells them they always had water and he said "Now I'm the only sweet smellin' guy within miles of this place!" which was good for him, because there was a swimsuit shoot going on nearby.
- Mikayla got switched with Tortilla Montana.
- Jake has a twin brother named Mason who is hot and is a trendy superstar.
- This is Mikayla's second and last appearance on the show.
- Mikayla: I still hate you.
- Hannah: Hate makes you ugly. Oops, too late.
- Miley: It had to be Mikayla!
- Lilly: Relax! So what if she's into him? He may not even like her!
- Miley: Are you kidding? Two months in Antarctica? You're cold, you're lonely, and your snuggle options are between a penguin and her! Do the math!
- Miley (to Lilly): You stink under pressure!
- Lilly: Well, quit putting me under pressure!
- Robbie (to Miley): Mile, you must have known Jake was gonna find out sooner or later. What in the world you were thinking?
- Miley: That Mikayla would get fired, no one would believe her story and Jake would spend two months snuggling with a penguin in Antarctica.
- Robbie: I had to ask!
- Jake (to Miley): You don't want to be a couple and when we try to be friends, you nearly wreck my movie. What am I going to do with you?
- Miley: I don't know. Maybe we should just forget about each other.
- Jake: Fine. (exits and returns) Okay, this isn't working for me.
- Miley: Me neither.